Monday, May 30, 2011

The Storm

When I started this journey a long while ago,
I stepped out of the boat that had kept me so dry
I left behind comfort, I left behind safety,
I left all that behind to follow the call,
To follow the voice of my King.
I walked on the stormy waters,
Headless of the trappings of the world,
Because I was lost in my Lord’s eyes,
Those eyes of complete and pure love,
Eyes that pierced my very soul,
Eyes that made my spirits soar,
But as the waves tore at my ankles
I forgot my King and looked down,
The malicious waves consumed me.
Drowning in the storm of life
I felt heartbreak and pain,
I was eaten up with loneliness,
Strangled by bitterness and spite,
In that storm all hope was lost,
There was only darkness.
As I felt my life slowly slip away
A hand plunged through the darkness,
A hand pierced by a nail.
My head broke through the water
And again I saw His eyes,
Eyes of mercy and healing,
Eyes of sweet forgiveness.
Now I cling to my Savior,
I hold onto Him with all my strength,
I dare not take my eyes off Him
For I know I will sink again.

No comments: