Monday, March 8, 2010

To The Nameless Who Caused Unseen Wounds

Do you remember me?
I doubt you do,
I'm that scared little white girl
Walking innocently along,
We'd never met before,
But I took your fancy,
I was an easy prey for your sick perversions.
It never crossed your mind
That your touch would haunt my dreams,
It probably never dawned on you
That you caused wounds that remain unseen.
I see you every day, you know,
You're in the shadows and under the bed,
You're in the face of every man I see,
You may have forgotten me
But I will never forget you.
These wounds run deep,
They ache and cry to be healed,
And I don't have the strength
To knock down the walls that surround my heart,
And to let merciful healing in.
But I hope one day you will tear down your walls,
I hope you can feel the sweet forgiveness,
I hope one day you remember me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's alot of feeling in this. It really means something, becuase it is a sore issue, and you took the issue and wrote it down, interpreting it to the whole world. What happens when a sore issue is translated into mere words and displayed? Does it make the issue smaller or bigger or what? I think it makes the issue smaller and conquers it, in a way. I think that all sore issues should be written down so that people don't forget that they exist and plague people.
~K